Sunday, December 7, 2008

Making homemade baby food is the easiest thing ever!

Brenna is eating cereal like a pro now. The pediatrician wants us to start her on veggies now as well. I refuse to use store bought baby food in jars because of recalls in past years and because I just have no way to really know what is in them. Not to mention how expensive those tiny jars are. Soooo....tonight I made baby food.

So far, I have made a tray of avocado, a tray of green beans, and I have butternut squash roasting in the oven. I will puree that later. It took me a total of 15 minutes to make the avocado and green beans. They both smell heavenly! I opened a jar of baby green beans (it was a shower gift) to compare them to my homemade. The color was dark and the smell and taste was very bland. I wouldn't eat that stuff! My homemade organic beans are bright green, smell like cooked fresh beans, and the taste is much stronger than the jar stuff. I am not turning back or second guessing myself on this decision. I can't wait to see how she does with them.

No comments: